What's new

2 Questions RE: Google Domains and rootfs size

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RavenII

New Around Here
Hello all,

I recently upgraded to CFE 1.0.2.1 because I couldn't go higher than 378.55 while on 2.1.2.5...My question is: If I upgraded to 1.0.2.1 while on 378.55, then went directly to 380.61...did my rootfs get resized to 64MB?

I need moar embeez! (Kidding, I don't)...but I just want to be sure that I took the right steps. Can I check the size? Because if I run df -h I get 30.5M for the /...

Also, in 380.61, www.google-ddns.com = Google Domains?

Thanks in advance!

What router model are you talking about?

I think that's indeed Google Domains. Asus are going to rename it in a future firmware release.

Ah, ok, that's what I was wondering, if I had to do that step prior to making the jump from 378.55 to 380.61...and I didn't ever do that so...off I go. Thanks, Harry!

My question is: If I upgraded to 1.0.2.1 while on 378.55, then went directly to 380.61...did my rootfs get resized to 64MB?
Yes...if you successfully loaded 380.61 you are now running a 64M rootfs

Even better...now I don't have to go back and forth. Just for reference, how would I check something like that in the future?
Now into the weeds :)
telenet/ssh to the router and enter

cat /proc/mtd

look at the size of "rootfs" (it may not be exactly 64M, but it will be close)