What's new

3.0.0.4.380.3341 RT-AC3100

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do we know if the wifi drivers have been updated in this version over the last beta? (new driver version?)

Not sure I have not tried this firmware as of yet. Was there a new driver for the 88U release if there was then this build likely has it to.

Is this an Asus version of Firmware that will not allow you to back out of, if installed? (FCC - Post June 1, 2016)?

Is this an Asus version of Firmware that will not allow you to back out of, if installed? (FCC - Post June 1, 2016)?

All of the 380_3xxx firmwares are locked down, as well as any future release. It's also written on the changelog.

I went ahead and flashed this build and so far it seems to work good no issues to report. Looks like they may have fixed the slow UI issue because i had no delays or slow downs configuring the router after a factory reset. :)

All of the 380_3xxx firmwares are locked down, as well as any future release. It's also written on the changelog.
What do you mean by locked down? If you install this you cannot reflash to Merlin or older firmware or something else.

If you install this you cannot reflash to Merlin or older firmware or something else.

Yes, that is exactly what it means (for now).

You will need to wait for the newer Merlin builds to be able to flash...

There are ways to go back just not through the admin/upgrade page of the GUI.

You should revise this to "through the GUI" as there are methods to go back.

Afaik, .3264 offered that possibility. This later version hasn't been verified to have the ability to be downgraded from any post I have read so far?

I sent Asus a email about this very thing and got no reply so I called and was informed that later releases will be totally locked with no way to go back. Now I have no way to know if there statement is true it's what I was told.

Although I would have to believe this would be the case or I see no valid point in locking things up in the first place if it's so easily bypassed.

Perhaps models manufactured after the announcement that have no previous firmware to go back to and use a new/different CFE.

When the router is in recovery mode it will basically upload anything even other models of firmware.

Just like the person who uploaded ac66 firmware to an ac68u or how the router will accept dd-wrt or tomato while in recovery mode but not through the GUI.

I was able to revert back to the previous beta build for the RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100 using the recovery utility.

Just need to reset the config before and after as normal.

Had some issues with the AC3100 saying disconnected from WAN even though I am still able to access the internet through the modem.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!