What's new

300 character limit in PMs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

john9527

Part of the Furniture
I'm suddenly getting a popup that my PMs are too long and are limited to 300 characters...is this something new?

Also a 900 second wait between PMs?????

I understand the need to fight SPAM, but you can't lock things down so much as to make it unusable.

The situation is temporary. How many characters do you need?

Why do you need PM so much?

The situation is temporary. How many characters do you need?

Why do you need PM so much?

I'd suggest at least a 1000 character limit (the message I was trying to send when I ran into the limit was 967 characters).

Why PMs? I offer two pkgs for download, a Merlin fork and an NVRAM utility. As with most things, the PM traffic runs in waves with feature requests, problem debug that really doesn't belong cluttering up the forums and users helping me debug new features that I can't test in my environment.

Maybe a suggestion...why not prevent new users from sending PMs for a certain number of days after setting up the logon id? or having to have a certain number of posts to PM?

Most of what is found in RMerlin's forums are feature and debug requests. So I suggest using the forums, not PM.

If you have enough volume, I'm happy to set up a subforum for you.

The very old Vbulletin version we're using doesn't have the PM features you suggest. Sorry.

I've moved the message limit up a bit and reduced interpost time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!