What's new

3004.388.6 AX86U poor 2.4 Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

c.petras

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have an AX86U running merslin v3004.388.5 with just several scripts: Skynet, Ubound and Adguard. Also i have the SmartConnect Active with the settings from the attached photo.
Everything works perfect with version 388.5 but if I update to version 388.6 (or 388.6_2) I have some problems with devices that are using the band 2.4 (eg: outdoor security camera, Vacuum robot, Old TV etc). They are completely disconnected.
When I revert back to 388.5 everything goes smooth as before.
Do you think that I need a clean install with resetting all settings or is just somehow a little bug in the newer version with smart connect?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-05 093208.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 093208.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 60
Hi all,

I have an AX86U running merslin v3004.388.5 with just several scripts: Skynet, Ubound and Adguard. Also i have the SmartConnect Active with the settings from the attached photo.
Everything works perfect with version 388.5 but if I update to version 388.6 (or 388.6_2) I have some problems with devices that are using the band 2.4 (eg: outdoor security camera, Vacuum robot, Old TV etc). They are completely disconnected.
When I revert back to 388.5 everything goes smooth as before.
Do you think that I need a clean install with resetting all settings or is just somehow a little bug in the newer version with smart connect?

Thank you!
I would just wipe it and see if the problem persists. You would probably have been done by now too. :p

There are new wireless drivers in version .6 and .6_2 this is likely the issue and Merlin has no way to change back. Find a solution because any upcoming stock firmware will also have these updated drivers.

You are not showing all the WIFI settings. Do you use Dual Band SmartConnect? Do you use just WPA2-Personal? Do you set the 2.4 GHz bandwidth to 20 MHz?
FWIW - I find using the default WIFI settings best. I have set the 2.4 GHz to 20 MHz in the past but now just let the router choose what it wants. I count 28 2.4 GHz routers within range of my residence some of which are forcing 40 MHz. Often my 2.4 GHz clients connect to the AX86U node (388.6_2) over the closer AX86U Pro (388.6_2).

Thank you all for responses. I will factory reset and rebuild all settings. Hope that will resolve the issue.
Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!