What's new

Edimax RE11 Gemini AC1200 Dual-Band Home Wi-Fi Roaming Kit Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
edimax_re11_product.jpg
Edimax' Gemini RE11 AC1200 Dual-Band Home Wi-Fi Roaming Kit takes a different, and cheaper, approach to building a mesh wireless network.

Read on SmallNetBuilder

Last edited:
Edimax said the product doesn't support band steering or load balancing among RE11Ses, nor does it support 802.11v, k and r.
Ugh, why won't any of the vendors support the standards that help roaming?

I've done that with my setup using two APs connected via powerline, but am waiting for someone to support 802.11k, v, and r before I upgrade.

Is there a true technical reason - or just community/tribal knowledge?

Tribal Knowledge is often wrong...

mediatek chipset , ekkkk last experience i had with mediatek wasnt a plesent one , you generally find them in the budget end of the market

Ugh, why won't any of the vendors support the standards that help roaming?
Some do. It's a work in process. But these standards require implentation on the client to work. Edimax' technique works with any client. It doesn't address stubborn clients that won't roam until a connection disappears, though.

Edimax' Gemini RE11 AC1200 Dual-Band Home Wi-Fi Roaming Kit takes a different, and cheaper, approach to building a mesh wireless network.

Read on SmallNetBuilder[/QUOTE]
edimax_re11_product.jpg

Read on SmallNetBuilder
I suppose it's useful units, because give us 802.11ac standard, easy installation and roaming of course.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!