What's new

380.62 6in4 ipv6tunnel routing issue(s) on ac56u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Snoopotic

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I'm using the he.net 6in4 tunnel for having dual stack on my hosts.
Sadly since .62 it seems, my wifi clients get their ipv6 adresses, also dns gets promoted correctly but the routing is messy.
The ipv6 router-address the clients get is a fe80-address and thus it happens that internet is a bit messy as ipv6 is on but routing is crap [emoji23]

Is this a known bug? Otherwise it should be now :)
Dors anyone has a fix without downgrading?

:)

Can you be bit more clear as to the issue? "Messy", "crappy" are really hard to visualize into practical issues.
So, do your clients do or do not get a proper external ipv6 from he.net?

I was running my RT-N66R on 380.57 with IPV6 using 6RD on Centurylink DSL. I was using the ISP DNS servers for both IPV4 and IPV6. Using http://test-ipv6.com/ gave me a successful 10 of 10 score with the managed tunnel service. Upgrading to 380.61 or 380.62 the IPV6 test would tell me that my ISP DSN was not configured to use IPV6 servers while I had not changed any of the settings. Factory reset of the router and manual configure to the same values did not change the test. What did work was to change the IPV4 and IPV6 DNS servers to use Google DNS. I guess I will have to continue to use Google until my ISP decides to set up native IPV6. :-(

The "crap" was, my tunnel was somehow broken. I had to create a new one on tunnelbroker. After that, 6in4 worked fine but netflix did not like it. Now I also could fix that. All fine now. This can be closed.