What's new

380.66_6 incredibly unstable on RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RejZoR

Regular Contributor
I don't know what's the reason, but every time I use eMule or Bitlord (it gets even worse when I use them together at once), router just keeps dying. It reboots by itself (which I can see by its low uptime time), but it's still unwanted behavior. And it often just dies even without any P2P software running. Just few moments ago I was browsing Reddit and net just stopped working. The LAN icon in Windows was normal (no yellow exclamation or red cross on it). Router was accessible as far as control panel goes, but internet just didn't work. After rebooting it using button in its settings, everything is working again.

I thought QoS might be the problem since it loads its CPU more, but this time I had it disabled and it still just died for no reason. I absolutely love your firmware, but this is getting really annoying. I'll go back to stock ASUS for now to see if it's any better... Unless you have an idea what should I check or poke to improve the situation.

Hi, I`m not an expert to help you but I have the same router using vpn only, nothing special and no extreme settings but it`s very stable and from yesterday nearly 20 hours now I have no reboots or disconnections.

From what version did you upgrade?

Have you tried doing a factory reset and manually set it up again? I know the latest GPL changed some NVRAM values.