What's new

380.68_2 Won't install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daddyg76266

Occasional Visitor
Hello folks -

I've attempted to flash this twice onto a brand new out of the box RT-AC88U. Both times, it says completed with no errors but after reboot - manual and through UI - all of the settings/options on the router still only show the ASUS firmware.

Now - I did upgrade the stock firmware to the latest available from ASUS prior to the attempts to flash 380.68_2 onto it.

Note - I did completely reload and flush my cache on chrome.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Long shot, but have you tried a different browser to verify it's not some weird issue with Chrome?

Reboot the router first, without any USB disk plugged in, to ensure you have sufficient free RAM.

Ok. Let me give this a whirl. I do not have USB disk installed but I do have usb powered fans.

I'll let you know.

Ok - That did it. I unplugged my USB powered fans, rebooted the router and then upgraded. I'm successfully running 380.68_2 now.

Thanks folks!!

Ok - That did it. I unplugged my USB powered fans, rebooted the router and then upgraded. I'm successfully running 380.68_2 now.

Thanks folks!!
Just let that be a warning to you. If you encounter strange errors with your router, remove the fans first before looking elsewhere.
Generally, it is not recommended to plug in devices that draw power over the ports. External HDD's or USB Hubs without external power supply can and do bring that little router power supply to and beyond its limits.