What's new

384.17 Addons-Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wishmaster1965

Regular Contributor
So I recently noticed that I could not access the addons menu under network tools. Nothing seems to happen when I click this link

Can any one help with getting that back ?

That tab is on me. Any browser console errors when you click it?
Nope , nothing happens when I click this.

Console window
Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Jack - after recently swapping my USB drive for a new one, I was having some performance issues and decided to uninstall all scripts to isolate problem. Upon adding back connmon, NTPMerlin and SPDMerlin I noticed a bunch of odd behavior related to the addon menu. It seems to me that NTPMerlin is the culprit, as the other 2 work the menus fine until NTP is added to mix.

Installing NTPMerlin from AMTM yields the below in /tmp/menuTree.js (after reboot).
Code:
{
menuName: "Addons",
index: "menu_Addons",
tab: [
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "Uptime Monitoring"},
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "NTP Daemon"},
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "SpeedTest"},
{url: "javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},
{url: "NULL", tabName: "__INHERIT__"}
]
}
],

If I issue a ntpmerlin startup from cli, menuTree.js gets this:
Code:
{
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "Uptime Monitoring"},
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "NTP Daemon"},
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "SpeedTest"},
{url: "user3.asp", tabName: "NTP Daemon"},
{url: "javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},
]
}
],

At one point, browser console was throwing a syntax as above user experienced - though in my case it was due to an extra closing }
Code:
]
}
},

As a workaround, I issue a connmon startup which then fixes the duplicate user1.asp situation and all is fine. I read some other articles about startup delays which may cause this. In my case, NTP took 3 mins 10 seconds to finally get the time. Previously, I had other delays during startup which may have contributed to problem; namely using the AMTM disk check on startup (USB is 125GB) which held up all the Entware startups. Killed that.

PS - This is on 384.18/19 equally...[/ICODE]

Last edited:
Hello everybody.
I was going to open a new topic when I saw this one.

Even for me it's probably ntpMerlin missing up things.

I've various scripts installed, after installing ntpMerlin I've two "Addons" menu on the left panel which both points to ntpMerlin,
and all the other scripts got deleted from the menu:

Code:
{
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "ntpMerlin"},
{url: "javascript:window.open('/javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},
]
}
{
{url: "javascript:window.open('/javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},
]
}

Reboot the router.

A reboot should have cleared it up but since your saying it didn't here are a few other suggestions/comments. If you remove NTPmerlin does it remove the addons and addon pages properly? If so try reinstalling it and see if only one gets mounted then.

Hello everybody.
I was going to open a new topic when I saw this one.

Even for me it's probably ntpMerlin missing up things.

I've various scripts installed, after installing ntpMerlin I've two "Addons" menu on the left panel which both points to ntpMerlin,
and all the other scripts got deleted from the menu:

Code:
{
]
}
{
]
}
All the addons should be using identical mounting code so I'm suprised only ntpMerlin trips this. Can you check if it's ended up in services-start twice somehow, in /jffs/scripts?

I have the same problem that the add-on page has disappeared. I have connmon and spdmerlin installed. This happened after I had to reboot after a power outage today. Another reboot did not fix it. How can I get the add-on page back?

I have the same problem that the add-on page has disappeared. I have connmon and spdmerlin installed. This happened after I had to reboot after a power outage today. Another reboot did not fix it. How can I get the add-on page back?
Looks like the Addons link came back by itself. I assume this has to do with the WAN connection down and coming back up, according to the log, and service scripts running.

Looks like the Addons link came back by itself. I assume this has to do with the WAN connection down and coming back up, according to the log, and service scripts running.
webui mounting code is called by services-start

my WAN has been wobbling all day and I'm seeing no issues with reliability of mounting the tabs :/

This might be related to the Alpha 384.19 code. I started to see this issue after installing Alpha 4 on my AX88U.
I have added some trace code to my services-start (echo a string after every step).
I will reboot later today and see where in the sequence things “stall”.

Did a reboot on an AX88U running 386.1 Alpha 4. (I noted the wrong release in my previous comment... corrected).
In services-start I added a trace echo after every step. Interesting that I write a line that says "Trace started" and the date command.
The log showed that the services-start began at Sat May 5 01:05:13 DST 2018 when it was actually today, Dec. 3 and I rebooted around 11AM EST. The final line in the trace I also print the date commend - and it was correct Thu Dec 3 11:09:16 EST 2020.
In any case, it showed that all of the addons were started. Here is the order of start from my services-start

Unbound
connmon
uiScribe
cruclean
scmerlin
spdmerlin
flexqos

After the router came back on-line, Unbound was the only add-on tab showing - and it's graphs were blank. I could force and update states and see that the stats area was updating - also a ps showed unbound running.
Flexqos also seemed to be working fine

So, connmon uiScribe, scmerlin and spdmerlin were started (according to my traces) but none completed.

I ended up copying my services-start to a new file, start-addons and only put in the startup commands for:
connmon
uiScribe
scmerlin
spdmerlin

After running this - all the tabs are back and Unbound is showing graphs.

Happy to debug further.

Did a reboot on an AX88U running 386.1 Alpha 4. (I noted the wrong release in my previous comment... corrected).
In services-start I added a trace echo after every step. Interesting that I write a line that says "Trace started" and the date command.
The log showed that the services-start began at Sat May 5 01:05:13 DST 2018 when it was actually today, Dec. 3 and I rebooted around 11AM EST. The final line in the trace I also print the date commend - and it was correct Thu Dec 3 11:09:16 EST 2020.
In any case, it showed that all of the addons were started. Here is the order of start from my services-start

Unbound
connmon
uiScribe
cruclean
scmerlin
spdmerlin
flexqos

After the router came back on-line, Unbound was the only add-on tab showing - and it's graphs were blank. I could force and update states and see that the stats area was updating - also a ps showed unbound running.
Flexqos also seemed to be working fine

So, connmon uiScribe, scmerlin and spdmerlin were started (according to my traces) but none completed.

I ended up copying my services-start to a new file, start-addons and only put in the startup commands for:
connmon
uiScribe
scmerlin
spdmerlin

After running this - all the tabs are back and Unbound is showing graphs.

Happy to debug further.
If you drop unbound from the original, do my scripts work? I raised this before with the author, but I'm fairly certain the unbound startup run in a blocking fashion

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!