What's new

384.5 doesn't support guest network hide SSID?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

while I never hide the ssid, I think you will need to wait for the next update with the 20942 source code.

and based on the 384.20942 update log, I would assume you either can't hide guest ssid at all, or you will need to hide main 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi together with the guest ssid right now till the next update.

Why bother hiding it? The wifi network itself is still visible to devices, and software is readily available to sniff the SSID from traffic on the network. There is zero security benefit from hiding the SSID.

while I never hide the ssid, I think you will need to wait for the next update with the 20942 source code.

and based on the 384.20942 update log, I would assume you either can't hide guest ssid at all, or you will need to hide main 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi together with the guest ssid right now till the next update.
Yes, I notice official firmware changed, make us can hide guest network individual.

Yes, I notice official firmware changed, make us can hide guest network individual.

That firmware was released after mine, therefore I don't have that feature yet.

That firmware was released after mine, therefore I don't have that feature yet.
Hi,RMerlin, it's my pleasure to see your reply.
I forked your project in git. I am not sure whether you work closely with Asus team,typically, how long will you release new version after stock firmware?

I forked your project in git. I am not sure whether you work closely with Asus team,typically, how long will you release new version after stock firmware?
dont insist in things and be happy what you get!

You can change it with SSH for now wl0=2G wl1=5G, .1/.2/.3 are the 3 guest SSIDs:
nvram set wl0.2_closed=1
nvram commit

So he even supports it in 384.5 !!!

My current development cycle is around 2 months per release. Asus hasn't released the GPL code for these new versions yet, so I can't predict when my next release will be, as I don't know when the code will be available, and until I get it I cannot evaluate how much work will be involved in merging it in, or which models I'll be able to support with it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!