What's new

[384.6] RT-AC56U Cannot find Smart Connection options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

riccetto

New Around Here
And i dont know if is enabled or disabled by default on my router!

On wireless option there is no smart connection "on/off" selection, and in network tool there is no "smart tool" section, too.

Someone, please, can tell me if by default is on or off, and in case is on, how to set it, off?

thank you.

Last edited:
Smart Connect is not supported by the RT-AC56U.

As Merlin said. It should also be noted that the 56U has now been EOL (end of life). ASUS have now stopped supporting future updates, which in turn means Merlin will do the same. It’s time for a upgrade and I would highly recommend the AC86U, which does support this feature. I have moved to this router from the AC56U & it’s a beast for my use.

Hi, thanks for reply!

Is good my router dont support it because i wanted to turn it off, lol! :p

Thanks Merlin for your amazing work on this firmware!!!

Wesbez, for my need this router is enough i will not do an upgrade!
And to be sincere, i doubt in future even if this one will die, i will buy again a pricey router...
Low/medium price router has evolved, like low/medium price mobile phone and the gap between medium and pricey is much lower atm.

at the time i buy this model because was one of the few able to manage 1.000mbit optic cable internet we have in the country where i live, without issues.

I use it for 1 computer and couple of wireless devices, so for my need in future will be enough a low/medium price router.

thanks again!