What's new

4.2.0 build 0119

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beetle

New Around Here
Has anyone tried the new build 0119?

Note :
QTS4.2.0 Build 20160119

[Bug Fixes]

- Fixed an issue where the system log shows "The file system is not clean...." when rebooting with various apps launched.
- Fixed an issue where the folder path of an external drive would be changed after altering the folder properties of an external drive in Control Panel.
- Fixed an issue where changing folder permissions would not take effect if changing the folder permissions from R/W to Read-only via Samba protocol.
- Fixed an issue where files downloaded from OneDrive to a shared folder would not show thumbnails in the shared folder if accessed via Samba protocol.

[Improvement]

- Reduced the possibility of a reboot caused by running out of system memory.

Yes. I installed it on my TVS-471 yesterday. No issues to report.

I too am running it without issue on a TS-469L and a TS-220.

It's a minor release compared to 20160101 - depends on individual preference to roll into this release or not - no major security fixes in this build...

It's been a week since they rolled it out based on build date, and the QNAP forums haven't raised any major issues with 20160119...

I'm expecting another release shortly for the Kernel keying bug, along with the OpenSSH security update.

Mysql/MariaDB also have some important fixes that don't seem to be pulled into the 0119...