What's new

5GHZ Webcam interfering 2,4GHZ devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hybrix

New Around Here
Ciao,

I have AX88u router with AC68u aimesh nodes at home working fine with multiple IOT devices. I've bought a webcam compatible with 2,4ghz and 5ghz. The problem is that when I turn on the camera (no matter if I connect it to 2,4 o 5ghz), the 2,4ghz network gets saturated and goes really really slow (1-3Mbps). How can this be possible??

Thanks

Ciao,

I have AX88u router with AC68u aimesh nodes at home working fine with multiple IOT devices. I've bought a webcam compatible with 2,4ghz and 5ghz. The problem is that when I turn on the camera (no matter if I connect it to 2,4 o 5ghz), the 2,4ghz network gets saturated and goes really really slow (1-3Mbps). How can this be possible??

Thanks
Try lowering the cam resolution and frame rate. Upgrade the cam firmware. Or buy a better cam.

Are you using SmartConnect? With a single SSID for both bands?

Try lowering the cam resolution and frame rate. Upgrade the cam firmware. Or buy a better cam.
It doesnt have such options, probably will need to buy a new one, but I Will like to understand how could this happen.

Have you checked the log? I had a similar issue with a CATV DVR box (remember those?). When connected to my network it would flood the network with (some sort of requests, it's been too long to remember exactly what).

My solution was to put the CATV box behind an old router which filtered the requests from the main network. I'm not saying this is your solution, I'm suggesting to look at the logs (you may need to increase the verbosity) to see if anything shows up there.

Have you checked the log? I had a similar issue with a CATV DVR box (remember those?). When connected to my network it would flood the network with (some sort of requests, it's been too long to remember exactly what).

My solution was to put the CATV box behind an old router which filtered the requests from the main network. I'm not saying this is your solution, I'm suggesting to look at the logs (you may need to increase the verbosity) to see if anything shows up there.
I tried, but nothing extrange show Up apart from disconnections from somen2,4ghz devices. And actually wired devices and 5ghz are still working perfect, and CPU and memory in the router are fine as well.

I tried, but nothing extrange show Up apart from disconnections from somen2,4ghz devices. And actually wired devices and 5ghz are still working perfect, and CPU and memory in the router are fine as well.
Did you increase the logging level (it sounds like it might be the default level)? If you have scribe you'll need to get back to the original logging page to increase the verbosity.

I think you may be able to change the verbosity with an nvram command and reboot (but I've not done it that way).