What's new

68u (3.0.0.4.380_3264) Downgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ganja24

Occasional Visitor
Rogers Modem CGN3ACSMR firmware- 4.5.8.16
Asus RT-AC68U firmware- 3.0.0.4.380_3264

I have 250/20 speed, Rogers modem is bridged. When i run a speedttest.net it shows 120/20 even if the test is run with different servers. If i reboot modem and router then the speed is 230/20 range but for couple hours only, then it drop again to half speed. Connecting directly modem to PC full speed 250/20.

I recently updated to 3.0.0.4.380_3264 on my RT-AC68u, problem is slow speed not able to get full what i am paying for, I want try Merlin's firmware maybe better wifi speed, tried through web UI but i get error. Merlin's firmware not loading.

What is CFE miniWeb server and how to go this way? BTW using Mac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is CFE miniWeb server and how to go this way? BTW using Mac

Uses your web browser instead of a separate application.

Configure your PC with a static IP of 192.168.1.x

Turn off the router then hold in the reset button while powering the router back on making sure to keep holding in reset button.

When power light starts blinking you can let go of the reset button as the router is now in recovery mode.

Launch web browser to 192.168.1.1

Successfully downgraded!

Put router in rescue mode, Rolled back to official Asus firmware using rescue utility. Uploaded Merlin. Will check the wifi speed now

Speed on wifi has jumped 290..wow

Merlin Firmware 380.58

Last edited:
Probably the two ways are:
  1. Using the restoration utility.
  2. Using the CFE miniWeb Server.

Thanks. I would have thought they were one and the same. :)

Noticed WAN drops happened 2 times and loss of Internet, Had to reboot modem and router both times. What could be the reason for this? Using Merlin 380.58

Probably the two ways are:
  1. Using the restoration utility.
  2. Using the CFE miniWeb Server.

But how use CFE miniWeb Server ? And where i can donwload it ? It also works on AC88U ?

@Piter
You must turn Your router to service mode, then miniweb cfe loader is start when You go to 192.168.1.1

But how tun router in service mode ? I think about ac88u.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

1. Unplug the wireless router from the power source.

2. Hold the Reset button at the rear panel and simultaneously replug the wireless router into the power source. Release the Reset button when the Power LED at the front panel flashes slowly, which indicates that the wireless router is in the rescue mode.

And then type in web browser ip my router ?

set manually computer ip to eg. 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0 and go to 192.168.1.1

Ok

I'm unable to get to an older fw; tried both, the restore app and the cfe method. The app works until 93% and then stops, "aborted"...
The cfe finishes the upload, reboots the router but I'm still on latest asus 380 fw.
I have an ac56u, using win10x64, tried cfe in edge, ie and chrome, same issue with all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!