What's new

68u Keeps corrupting and DLNA stops - Files ok

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dafunktyfunk

New Around Here
Hello,

I searched this site and got some information about this in older FW's but do not see anything about the newer versions. I am still getting these errors where my attached Seagate 5Gb USB3.0 drive gets corrupted. I wipe the drive, move all files over using MacOS, plug in and it works fine until I add files. Does not seem to be a specific file or a repeatable condition with a certain type of file.

Thankfully, I use a UPS so I don't get random reboots or power off's - I know that can mess up the file system.

This drive also serves as a timemachine backup and windows service backup device so I am not able to use ext3 (not sure that I even know enough about this to go poking around).

I am currently using FW: 378.53

I hope there is a solution that we can use! Thank you very much, in advance, for your help!

Steve

Check your Syslog for HDD errors.

Format the Drive as EXT4...

Netatalk/afpd and Samba don't care...

The big thing with TimeMachine Support - make that a dedicated share, and don't touch it with general filesharing stuff...