What's new

A Lack of Networking Hardware At The CES?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveMcLain

Regular Contributor
I just read the story about the upcoming CES event in Las Vegas and I was amazed when it stated that only one of the "Big 3" network hardware companies will even be on the main show floor. This seems so odd to me because it seems that everywhere you look new hardware that uses wifi or the network to make advanced features function is coming onto the market.

TV's with streaming or Bluray players with built in wifi are available at places like Wal Mart and even Rockfair the little bar and grill in my small home town offers free wifi.

Maybe the presence of this type of hardware is just implied and no marketing is needed but this seems very odd given the importance of this hardware and the new technology that demands it's in the home.

Have you seen how much CES charges to get a booth! It F'ing ricockulous. No wonder there are no wifi vendors there; no-one can afford the overhead.:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!