What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have Youtube and Twitch now changed the way they show ads as AB Solution isn't blocking ads at start of videos and in banners anymore? This is on the desktop version as well as mobile clients.

please hurry up and add that pixelserv. without it surfing sites gives huges gaps at times and
is really not that hard to implement. thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

please hurry up and add that pixelserv. without it surfing sites gives huges gaps at times and

<rant>
IngoPan, no offense here, but TheLonelyCoder does this for free on his own time and gives back to all of us. Just like Merlin and the ASUS Merlin firmware itself, TheLonelyCoder will release the next version when he feels it is ready and if he even decides to add in that feature that is his prerogative. I don't speak for him, but I can speak for developers in general, when someone gives away something for free without asking for anything in return don't tell them they need to do something, they are not obligated to do anything for us, he doesn't even have to release this ad-blocker add-on for us but he did and I am grateful for this. If you aren't happy with the gaps, don't use it. Sure would I like some stuff that has been proposed, yes, but I won't say it must be done its not hard, if it isn't done then it isn't, it works for what I need now. I'm sure if you think it is easy, then I would suggest implementing it yourself in the ab-solution since you have the code and contribute that back to TheLonelyCoder. </rant>

Hmmm.
I am going to eat some Swiss Chocolate now.

Have Youtube and Twitch now changed the way they show ads as AB Solution isn't blocking ads at start of videos and in banners anymore? This is on the desktop version as well as mobile clients.
Can you provide a specific link and the country you're living in?
I want to test this as I have not seen Ads where I live.

Can you provide a specific link and the country you're living in?
I want to test this as I have not seen Ads where I live.

Sure

Pic of what I see for Youtube.

aTurIdB.png

Also the video plays an advertisement at the start which never used to happen before.

Similarly for Twitch the same thing happens with random Gaming channels that I follow. For example Battlefield 3

XHlA5qt.png

https://www.twitch.tv/plarm

My ISP (Plusnet which is a branch of BT) had an outage for several hours over the duration of two days, so I wonder if that has had anything to do with it. I did reboot and reset my router and modem after services came back online. I'm in the UK and use v1.07

Thanks

@majnu I have run Videos from both sites, connected through VPN to London and have seen no ads.
I do run the 1.08-beta on my main router with IPv6 enabled.
Unless you actually have IPv6 activated and run the 1.07 version then these ads may get through.

My blacklist has (among others) these entries:
Code:
0.0.0.0 r4---sn-vgqs7nez.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 r4.sn-vgqs7nez.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 www.youtube-nocookie.com
0.0.0.0 youtube-ui.l.google.com
0.0.0.0 i1.ytimg.com
0.0.0.0 r17---sn-vgqsenes.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 r2---sn-vgqs7n7k.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 clients6.google.com
0.0.0.0 r1---sn-vgqsen7z.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 r1.sn-vgqsen7z.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 r20---sn-vgqs7ne7.googlevideo.com
0.0.0.0 r20.sn-vgqs7ne7.googlevideo.com
Maybe they help you.

i tested video from @majnu link right now and didn`t see any ads...using 1.08 beta with IPv4 with my ISP address and firefox browser.....maybe you have something wrong in your ab-solution files....try to remove it completly, reboot router and PC and then do a fresh install....it should working well.....

I am already using those entries in my blacklist.

I have started from fresh and installed v1.08 beta and I am obviously doing something wrong but I do not know what as I get this

sh: can't open './ab-solution.sh'
admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root#

even though it has seemed to have installed, it's not blocking ads.

Edit - Tried installing 6 times now and it's not blocking anything. I've used WinSCP and can see the adblocking files in there with the black and white list amongst other things. I've looked at my router and it gets DNS automatically. I've not touched this at all and don't know if I should disable it and manually enter Google's DNS instead.

Last edited:
I am already using those entries in my blacklist.

I have started from fresh and installed v1.08 beta and I am obviously doing something wrong but I do not know what as I get this

sh: can't open './ab-solution.sh'

even though it has seemed to have installed, it's not blocking ads.

Edit - Tried installing 6 times now and it's not blocking anything. I've used WinSCP and can see the adblocking files in there with the black and white list amongst other things. I've looked at my router and it gets DNS automatically. I've not touched this at all and don't know if I should disable it and manually enter Google's DNS instead.
The path is /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh

The path is /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh

I get

Permissio
n denied
-sh: -sh:: not found
admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root# admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root#
-sh: admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root#: not found

I get

Permissio
n denied
-sh: -sh:: not found
admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root# admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root#
-sh: admin@RT-AC87U-7538:/tmp/home/root#: not found

you trying to install it in wrong folder? you have to install on your USB device name.....in my case is "sda1".... tmp/home/root is not valid place so you got an error....
Code:
/tmp/mnt/sda1/

you trying to install it in wrong folder? you have to install on your USB device name.....in my case is "sda1".... tmp/home/root is not valid place so you got an error....
Code:
/tmp/mnt/sda1/

at what stage to I enter that?

I am following this using curl:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ab-solution-1-07-is-out.31474/page-13#post-268962

after that I enter what it states in the OP

sh ab-solution.sh

When the script starts I press "i" to install and follow the steps. I only have one USB device attached to my router and it is named "sda1"

At the end of the script shows this

F2Ip09x.png

WinSCP shows this

R2HG5KB.png

mwPK9zI.png

But nothing is being blocked

Last edited:
at what stage to I enter that?

I am following this using curl:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ab-solution-1-07-is-out.31474/page-13#post-268962

after that I enter what it states in the OP

sh ab-solution.sh

When the script starts I press "i" to install and follow the steps. I only have one USB device attached to my router and it is named "sda1"

But nothing is being blocked
look at jffs scripts using SCP...are scripts for ab-solution all ok?
you check these scripts...

dnsmasq.postconf
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# generated by AB-Solution 1.08-beta1
if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ];then
    source /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/scripts/ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
    logger "AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh"
fi
post-mount
Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ "$1" = "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ] ; then
  ln -nsf $1/entware-ng.arm /tmp/opt
fi

sleep 2
if [ -f /opt/swap ]
then
  echo -e "Mounting swap file..."
  swapon /opt/swap
else
  echo -e "Swap file not found or /opt is not mounted..."
fi
    sleep 2
    service restart_dnsmasq
    logger "AB-Solution added entries via post-mount"
fi

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Last edited:
@majnu
Manually copy ab-solution.sh to the root of sda1.
You best download the zip file from www.ab-solution.info, unzip it and copy it with WinSCP.

Appreciate the help so far. My Scripts show

post-mount

#!/bin/sh

sleep 2
service restart_dnsmasq
logger "AB-Solution added entries via post-mount"
fi

dnsmasq.postconf

#!/bin/sh

source /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/scripts/ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
logger "AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh"
fi

@majnu, i don't see entware runing from your script....you have to install entware first

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton