What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This came about when Merlin enhanced the openvpn support so that non-VPN clients would continue to use the default DNS servers and not the VPN DNS servers in Exclusive mode. The VPN DNS queries are now routed around dnsmasq and sent directly to the VPN servers.

Just as an FYI....when I ported this function to my fork, I did it a bit differently (reversed the logic).
On my fork, the VPN clients use the VPN DNS servers via dnsmasq, and the non-VPN clients are routed directly to the default DNS servers. As a result, on my fork, the non-VPN clients would not be able to take advantage of adblock.

EDIT: Clarified that this is for Exclusive mode.

Last edited:
Thanks,

But this gives me an error at dnsleaking.com
3b217296ccc8cdd3f3b17fa038c47245.jpg

But it gives not my actual IP adres.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Perhaps a bounce of your PC and the router are in order after the change. Perhaps need to flush the dns resolver? Are you on or off the tunnel while testing (I assume on since you say its not your ip)?

@cybrnook makes a good point.....you need to close and restart your browser to flush it's cache, and flush the DNS cache on the client (for Windows, ipconfig /flushdns) whenever playing with any DNS settings.

Thanx everyone for your help
Try some things tomorrow

Yeah i know that technically it is possible ;)

One could also just use DNSCrypt on the router and point all the DNS traffic through that and benefit from the added encryption on the DNS resolver while using your VPN... which i would believe to be even more "safe" ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I had to make a screenshot for you guys.
ETA is not yet set but I'm sure it'll be worth your wait.

For the pixelserv pushers:

fKbnQC6.png

Hi @thelonelycoder , would pielserv have any issue with ssh service listen on 443 port? I currently cant change this, just wondering.... no big deal.
Thanks

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I had to make a screenshot for you guys.
ETA is not yet set but I'm sure it'll be worth your wait.

For the pixelserv pushers:

fKbnQC6.png

Hi @thelonelycoder , would pielserv have any issue with ssh service listen on 443 port? I currently cant change this, just wondering.... no big deal.
Thanks
The port can be changed manually after the installation.

this new beta will install entware and pixelserv automaticly?i see that from your picture....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

this new beta will install entware and pixelserv automaticly?i see that from your picture....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton
That appears to be the case...

Aargh. I am in the middle of happy coding (and some valuable free time) and what goes on the fritz?
The f*cking swimming pool pump! Emergenzy repair is required. Be back later for coding.

I hope your pump is easy fixed [emoji4]

I hope your pump is easy fixed [emoji4]

Both motor bearings are completely worn out. Not that bad but the water needs to circulate asap because of the high temperatures we have here. And we are fighting algae in the water. Double bummer.

Both motor bearings are completely worn out. Not that bad but the water needs to circulate asap because of the high temperatures we have here. And we are fighting algae in the water. Double bummer.

Good luck, in the Netherlands it's raining now [emoji19]

Will there be any support for the AC5300?
Why would it not? AB-Solution runs on all asuswrt-merlin supported routers:
Asuswrt-merlin officially supports the following router models:

• RT-N66U
  • RT-AC66U
  • RT-AC56U
  • RT-AC68U (including the new revision C1)
  • RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC87
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300
  • RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)

@thelonelycoder - Thank you so much for this, relatively easy to install and get running on my Asus RT-1900P and it does what it is supposed to do, grateful for all your efforts and best of luck with the pool.