What's new

AB-Solution Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kim Puleston

Regular Contributor
Hey all,

I installed AB-Solution on my AC88U Router and all went well :). The question I have is how do you access the logs to see what it is blocking ? I ask as I still seem to see ads on various websites I am visiting and I want to make sure everything is working as it should. When I first went to install it, I was warned that I had DNS entries for my LAN, which I removed and I re-ran the setup and no warnings come up so I can only assume it setup ok.

Just so its known I went for the Large Install to get as many hosts as I could.

Thanks.

Did you reboot the router afterwards? Did you reboot your clients?

I may have been premature as it seems to be functioning, now I need to add a website to a whitelist as the Adblock kills some of the websites functionality. I have had a little look but unsure as to how I add an exception ?

Ignore me , I have used WinSCP and found the whitelist file and made some editions to it using the WinSCP editor. I assume that is ok to do with existing files, I know its recommended to use Notepad++ for new files.

Don't take it personal.
But next time, please post in the AB-Solution thread and don't start a new one.
AB-Solution dominates the front page enough, no other threads are needed.
Thanks.

Appologies, I will not make a seperate thread next time. I may be doing something wrong, but when adding domains to the whitelist, they still seem to get blocked and I am not just referring to the ads but the entire site wont load.

I have added the sites I want to whitelist according to the instructions but still to no avail, what am I doing wrong ?

Cheers.