What's new

AC-3200 384 Firmware issues??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shizmac

New Around Here
Hey all I upgraded my router from firmware 369 to 383 (Iknow long gap....being lazy) and did a factory reset and rebuilt the router and everything is flawless at 383. The very next day, 384 firmware was ready and I said whatever lets do that one too. I noticed that after the upgrade, and I factory reset ready to rebuild, a lot of devices were not coming back online, and showed security setting issues and or wrong password. Nothing changed on the devices side only the router firmware side. After troubleshooting, I went back to 383 and everything is flawless again. Is there something wrong with firmware 384 with security?? The majority of the devices were on the 2.4GHZ side that never came back.

No such problem here. 384 from alpha to final has worked flawlessly.

Forget their settings and reconnect them.

Hey all I upgraded my router from firmware 369 to 383 (Iknow long gap....being lazy) and did a factory reset and rebuilt the router and everything is flawless at 383. The very next day, 384 firmware was ready and I said whatever lets do that one too. I noticed that after the upgrade, and I factory reset ready to rebuild, a lot of devices were not coming back online, and showed security setting issues and or wrong password. Nothing changed on the devices side only the router firmware side. After troubleshooting, I went back to 383 and everything is flawless again. Is there something wrong with firmware 384 with security?? The majority of the devices were on the 2.4GHZ side that never came back.

Me, too! Except I had a problem with 383 and 384. With either of those, I couldn't get it to reconnect to the modem no matter how many reboots I tried of both items. I rolled back to 382 and everything went back to working perfect. I had updated to 383 manually but 384 automatically updated today while I was away and I couldn't access anything on my network until I came home and reflashed it back to 382. Does anyone know if I can lock it in to 382 and stop it from autoupdating?

There definitely is an issue with the new firmware. I stayed with 383 only because it has double NV RAM. Now all my devices are back on but now getting random network drops on all devices but the router uptime shows always online. There definitely is a problem with the firmwares!

Wondering. Is there an issue with how many devices are connected to the 2.4 WIFI? I realized that when I was trying to set up a new smart switch that it wouldn't connect for anything but it connected as soon as I disconnected my phone from that network. Just tested the theory. The router page says 20 items connected to the 2.4 network. Tried connecting to the 2.4 network with my phone: Incorrect Password error. Unplugged a few of the smart things. Waited a few minutes and then tried to connect my phone. Connected with no issue. Disconnected the phone, plugged the smart plugs back in and they reconnected. Tried to connect my phone: Incorrect Password. Repeated the process to prove it wasn't a fluke and it worked exactly the same.

So, it looks like my issue is tied to not being able to connect 19+ items to the 2.4 network. My problem now is that I have moved everything that can connect to the 5 network but all of the other items I have (smart switches, plugs, security cameras, etc) can ONLY connect to a 2.4 network. Now what? Do I need to by a second cheap router to add another 2.4 network for these additional items???:confused:

Going back from 384.4_2 to 384.3 has helped my AC3200. It is worth trying.

I am currently running 3.0.0.4.382_19466. When I check the ASUS website for firmware updates, the most recent it shows is 3.0.0.4.382.50010 1/25/2018 which is the same one that comes up when I have the router page check.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!