What's new

AC-68U A1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyan

Occasional Visitor
Is AC-68U A1 really that bad if I use usb 3.0 HDD ?
My local shop has a clearance sale for their old stock. I saw a few AC-68U. The one with 20% discount = A1
Most of networking peripherals on my country = overprice (retail AC-68U is $199)
Is it worth paying 20% more for B1 ? I use tomato for dns port other than 53 function (hence no C1 or newer)

Is AC-68U A1 really that bad if I use usb 3.0 HDD ?

its just slow in comparison , but its ok just depends on what your using it for

reality ignore the usb 3 and get a nas , use the usb2 for printers and the like although most printers are wifi these days

A properly shielded USB 3.0 enclosure will be fine. When I tested my Vantec USB enclosure on my A1 RT-AC68U, I never had any issue. The enclosure and the USB cables were both properly shielded.

How do you tell if you have an A1 or B1?
In the case of the RT-AC68U the A1 or B1 is the hardware version and should have no bearing on router performance. You will see on the box label H/W Ver A1 or B1. This will also be on the label on the bottom/back of the router.

You're the best! I have the A2 version. It says the 3.0 usb is shielded. What does that mean? As you can tell I am learning as I go...