What's new

AC-68U and pppoe server issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kiki92

New Around Here
Hi All,
I have a RT-AC68U wireless router, and i use the AsusWrt Merlin firmware (378.54 version).
I changed the makefile in order to include pppoe-server binary.

I want to replace my box (i'm in France) with the router except for VoIP.

To do that, i use pppoe-server between my asus router and my box and i'm facing this issue : when the connection is initiated between the server and the client (PADI, PADO, PADDR, and configuration request), the connection is dropped and the router ask for a new ppp session with the ISP PPPoE Servers.

Here is the syslog trace :
Code:
May 16 12:11:25 pppoe-server[3366]: Session 1 created for client xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (192.168.2.210) on vlan835 using Service-Name ''
May 16 12:11:25 pppd[3366]: Plugin /usr/lib/pppd/rp-pppoe.so loaded.
May 16 12:11:25 pppd[3366]: RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.11 compiled against pppd 2.4.7
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: pppd 2.4.7 started by admin, uid 0
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: PPP session is 43415 (0xa997)
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: Connected to yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy via interface vlan835
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: Using interface ppp1
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: Connect: ppp1 <--> vlan835
May 16 12:11:26 pppd[3366]: peer refused to authenticate: terminating link
May 16 12:11:32 pppd[3366]: Connection terminated.
May 16 12:11:32 pppd[3366]: Sent PADT
May 16 12:11:32 pppd[3366]: Modem hangup
May 16 12:11:32 pppd[3366]: Exit.
May 16 12:11:32 pppoe-server[3307]: Session 1 closed for client xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (192.168.2.210) on vlan835
May 16 12:11:32 pppoe-server[3307]: Sent PADT
(where xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx box mac address , yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy ISP PPPoE server address mac)

and the wireshark result :

798714tracepppoeasus.png

Is the PPP protocol is limited to one connection at one time ? Is it possible to have a PPPoE client and a server running on the same machine ?

Thank you for your help.
(sorry for my poor english).

.... are you sure your ISP allows multiple PPoE connections ? (I presume your box is doing one connection by itself, than the router would try a second one ?) ...
GS

I don't think so.
But what i want is to give a PPPoE Server to my box (it is mandatory to activate services), and my router replace my box for anthentification with my ISP.
For ISP point of vue, it have only one PPPoE session, with my Asus.

OK then, what I fail to understand is that why don't you simply go to the web gui screen "WAN -Internet Connection", pick-up PPPoE as WAN connection type, define your username/pass and there you go ....

I dit it : pppoe client with gui interface works fine and computers on my network have access to internet.
What i want is to implement a pppoe server on my router specifically for my ISP box in order to make believe it have a PPPoE connection with its ISP server.
And it's this last part which don't work.

.... Salut, désolé mais j'ai relu les messages et je ne comprends pas ce que tu veux faire .... pourquoi veux-tu faire croire à la box de ton FAI qu'elle a une connexion PPPoE ???
quelle est le problème d'avoir une adresse ip public sur ton routeur et une sur la box du FAI ... ?

Dans ton premier message, tu dis que tu veux conserver ta box pour le VoIP: ça veut donc dire que tu dois quand même connecter la box à internet, non .. ?
A+,
GS

Bonjour,
La livebox doit établir une connection PPPoE via le vlan835 pour s'authentifier au niveau des serveurs Orange. Comme je veux la garder uniquement pour le minimum (VoIP avec DECT), j'ai besoin de lui faire croire qu'elle a un serveur Orange en face, d'où le serveur PPPoE sur l'Asus.
(si elle a besoin de se connecter à Internet, l'Asus lui sert de passerelle).

@+
Merci.

Guys please use ENGLISH so everyone can understand, you have more chance to get help from members.

Ok. Sorry, it was more easy for me to answer in French on his specific question.
What i wonder, is there a limitation on the Asus RT-AC68U which does not allow to have a pppoe server and a pppoe client working on the same interface on the same hardware.
What i understand is, that the Wan port and the 4 Lan ports share the same interface : eth0.
Can be this configuration which cause my issue ?

Guys please use ENGLISH so everyone can understand, you have more chance to get help from members.
... I used FRENCH indeed because our friend is french speaking and furthermore (s)he had to to a "up" because (s)he was not getting help ....

Pour le reste, désolé Kiki, je sais pas t'aider ... what about our fellow then ? ...

Up :)
Is it possible to have one pppoe client and one server on the same interface : eth0 (wan for the client, lan for the server) ?
Thanks.