What's new

AC-68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rick Mathes

Regular Contributor
I hadn't been on the forum for quite a while. I was having problems with my converted t-moble to ac68U router and just read it isn't supported which explains why I can't update the firmware which I though might help with my problems. So big question I am on a very limited budget and wondering what the least expensive Asus router I can buy that will still work with Merlin firmware so I can have a vpn router. Thanks in advance.

I hadn't been on the forum for quite a while. I was having problems with my converted t-moble to ac68U router and just read it isn't supported which explains why I can't update the firmware which I though might help with my problems. So big question I am on a very limited budget and wondering what the least expensive Asus router I can buy that will still work with Merlin firmware so I can have a vpn router. Thanks in advance.
The ac66u_b1 must be version b1

Was looking on eBay and New Egg has RT-AC3200 for a little over 100.00 refurbished. Went to New Eggs website and the router has terrible reviews. Anyone else have experience with that model?

The RT-AC66U_B1 is less than $100.00 most places. Has the same hardware as RT-AC68U but a faster dual core processor. I've been running one for over a year and currently have Merlin 384.7_2 on it with entware/stubby/transmission. Also called an RT-AC1750 B1. This model has a front USB 3.0 port while the older RT-AC66U has two USB ports in the back.

Black Friday is in a few days. Pretty sure there will be some sweet deals then.

Yeah, watch for BF deals and also Cyber Monday (is that still a thing?).
Then you can easily sell your old one on ebay to someone who knows the easy fix.