What's new

AC-87U 5ghz Wireless Problem, iPhone and Android devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dabomb2891

New Around Here
Hello Everyone.

So with the 378 series of drivers, everything was fine. However, when I switched to the 380 series, the 5ghz network will randomly disconnect. At first its just 1 5ghz device then eventually its all of them. The network shows, I type the password in and it will say its wrong. iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, Nexus 7 2013, iPad Air.

2.4ghz is always fine and currently I am sticking with that.

I installed Merlin 380.61 and its the same problem. Sometimes its fine for 1 week+ and sometimes its just 2 days. A reboot does fix it.

I have done factory reset after upgrading and its the same problems. I am guessing something in the quantenna driver broke again?

I haven't seen this issue on my multiple Apple devices, did you do a factory reset and then either manually reconfigure your settings or use John's tool to restore your settings?

Wouldn't hurt to see what other 5GHz systems are occupying the same channel.

Thanks for the reply! Helps to know there are better experiences out there. I did do a factory reset and manually configure settings. Pretty vanilla as I only use it for simple Wifi network. No where near the advanced use of others on here. I plan to do another reset this weekend.

Whats the best way to clear NVRAM or factory reset?

Typically I do it through the Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab and click on the Restore button beside Factory default. If you came from another router and are using the same SSID settings you should Forget that SSID from your devices and set them up again. Or just use a new SSID to be 100% clear of any lingering settings linked to the prior SSID. Some Apple device prefer the lower 5GHz channels as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!