What's new

AC1200 as aimesh node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

terminator

Regular Contributor
I am looking for a couple of hardwired aimesh nodes around the house but it would be nice if they are small, can be mounted on the wall and are somewhat cheaper than the full router (as the nodes don't have to do the same amount of heavy duty work as the main router). I see AC1200 is a potential option but there does not seem to be a merlin build for this. Would this even work as a aimesh node with AX58U merlin as the aimesh host?

Last edited:
Asus should really make a aimesh "node only" device that is small and can mount on the wall/ceiling for under $50 :)

I see an overpriced "ASUS RP-AC55 Dual-Band AC1200 WiFi Extender/Access Point/Media Bridge" on the link above.

It says "support Aimesh" in the title but that could be misleading marketing. I see a review where Aimesh didn't work for a user - which is what prompted my question on this forum.

1596724769588.png

Buy one and test. If not good, send it back. Would be nice if it really works.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!