What's new

AC3200 Factory Reset question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JJTP

New Around Here
I'm about to factory-reset my router as a last resort before I chuck it in the trash. ( after I try to get replacement with my extended warranty )

The reason is, my WIFI stops working at random and I have to power-down to get the WIFI to return to operation. Then it stops the next day, or the next week, at random.

I'm going to factory-reset.

My question on this is, what will NOT be saved in the config file that I save that I should be aware of before I do this?

Does it save port forwarding data, address reservations, MAC address filters, etc or do I need to print-out that all before I reset?

I have a lot of hardware that relies on port forwarding and MAC address's for connections.

I'm about to factory-reset my router as a last resort before I chuck it in the trash. ( after I try to get replacement with my extended warranty )

The reason is, my WIFI stops working at random and I have to power-down to get the WIFI to return to operation. Then it stops the next day, or the next week, at random.

I'm going to factory-reset.

My question on this is, what will NOT be saved in the config file that I save that I should be aware of before I do this?

Does it save port forwarding data, address reservations, MAC address filters, etc or do I need to print-out that all before I reset?

I have a lot of hardware that relies on port forwarding and MAC address's for connections.

The use of the reset to troubleshoot should require you to also re-configure from scratch. If you restore your pre-reset configuration, you could restore your trouble.

This is explained here.

I would also stage your re-configuration to test at various points before adding more pieces to the puzzle. This may help isolate the source of the trouble.

OE

Ugh what a massive hassle!

I do thank you for the reply.

Can be. That is why I use a minimal configuration and write it down. Consumer routers are too critical and too sensitive to mess with more than is necessary, imo. Multi-node/router mesh systems such as AiMesh have compounded the problem... made it harder to keep it simple.

OE

I have too much stuff that relies on address reservations and port forwarding to not write stuff down. What I usually do is print-screen.

@JJTP you may want to see the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides to help you get your router back to a good/known state.

Print Screen isn't useful if you need to copy/paste (is it?).

You may also want to have a look at the link below for an overall view of getting your router operating as stable as possible again before you decide to chuck it.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326

HTH. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!