What's new

[AC3200 Router] DLNA issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Margucci

New Around Here
I just purchased this router a few days ago after upgrading from a N56. On my dekstop I am running twonky DLNA server with the exact same setup as before changing routers. however, now i am unable to see the DLNA server on any of my devices. this includes my sony TV as well as my android tablet and phone.

my desktop running the DLNA server has a static IP and the internal DLNA server on the router has been disabled. the dekstop running the DLNA server is also connected via ethernet. i am encountering the exact same issue whether connected via 2.4GHz or 5GHz radio.

i am able to access files and folders without issue using programs such as EX file explorer on my android devices. however, the DLNA server itself is nowhere to be seen. one really strange thing is that my sony tv does have a media server troubleshooting tool. when i run it it detects that there is a server but it cant make a successful connection. through this i am given the following information:
Server name: server name unknown ("shows correct IP addy")
UDN: uuid:"key"
IP address: "ip addy"
MAC address: information not available
TCP Port: 9000
please check the network connections

any help would be appreciated. nothing on any of my devices has changed which is leading me to assume that there is some setting on the router which is causing the connection issues. i have gone over everything a couple of times but i cant see anything which stands out. obviously all devices have been restarted while troubleshooting.

any help would be appreciated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!