What's new

AC3200 stopping WiFi when connected to Sky SR102 as access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Duke

New Around Here
Evening all,

I've just moved to Sky fibre from BT Infinity and plan on using an Asus AC3200 as an access point for the first 10 days during line testing. I have set up the Asus in access point mode and disabled the WiFi on the Sky Hub. As soon as I connect the Asus WAN port into the Ethernet port on the Sky Hub the WiFi on the Asus stops working and the WiFi lights on the front of the hub go out. They only come on after a restart and when it's disconnected from the Sky hub. In addition I have noticed much slower download speeds via the Ethernet connection.
This does not happen when connecting the Asus router to my BT HH5 the WiFi stays on all ok.
Latest Asus firmware installed, any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

I see two Sky Hubs - SR101 and SR102 both have only 100mb ports? Can you verify there are no IP conflicts on your devices? Everything should be in the same subnet, different IP's. Shouldn't your wifi lights on the Sky Hub already be off? As you indicated your turned off wifi on the Sky Hub..

I have set up the Asus in access point mode and disabled the WiFi on the Sky Hub. As soon as I connect the Asus WAN port into the Ethernet port

Try one of the LAN ports instead...

Sounds like this could be painful! I'll keep playing around tomorrow and give them a call.

Well, share what you find out - Tier 1 call centers can be a trouble, but escalate up to Tier 2, you'll likely find someone that knows of the exact issue.

What you're trying to do is not uncommon here in the US...

Best of luck

Hi,

Called Sky - they were very polite but didn't offer that level of support and I didn't get any further than 1st line support.
I updated the firmware on the AC3200 with the latest version from Merlin - aside from manually having to switch the WiFi radios back on it now appears to be working fine with no slowdowns over LAN either. I'll take the plunge in a couple of days and get rid of the sky modem and replace it with my old openreach one...

Thanks for your time!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!