What's new

AC5300 wont complete boot, managed to get CFE miniweb server once

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Parker Woolfol

New Around Here
Hello all,

Just got a second AC5300, first one works like a charm and this one is going to be used for business, however after setting a basic config and updating firmware to latest version. I left it at the office over the weekend and now monday it wont let me access it. I cannot seem to get it to boot fully. The issue is the power light stays on and if I plug in WAN then the WAN light will light up for periods of 15-20 seconds at a time then dissapear for about twice that then come back etc. No other lights ever light up at any time. I am unable to use the firmware restore tool or device discovery tool. Manually entering IP address in range does not let me access it however one time I did get the CFE miniweb server interface to show up, I said to reset NVRAM to default, now I am back to having no access. I have tried resetting of course multiple times if that needed to be said. I can certainly exchange the model but if this isn't a defect i'd like to resolve it less it happens again in the future due to a configuration setting.

Thank you all for your time :)

Not characteristic of the model, and if it's running factory firmware, then probably something has gone wrong - since it's pretty much fresh out of box, I would suggest contacting the seller for a return/exchange...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!