What's new

AC56U - Switching from Merlin to Asus firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wbennett77

Regular Contributor
Howdy,
I am currently running the latest Merlin firmware (378.51_beta1) and I would like to try out the latest from Asus but I am unable to install it. I do the usual choose file on the firmware upgrade page and it goes through the upgrade and completes but the firmware is unchanged. Any ideas?
Cheers!

Howdy,
I am currently running the latest Merlin firmware (378.51_beta1) and I would like to try out the latest from Asus but I am unable to install it. I do the usual choose file on the firmware upgrade page and it goes through the upgrade and completes but the firmware is unchanged. Any ideas?
Cheers!
I had the same problem... You must install an ASUS version 376.XXX. then the newer ASUS 378.XXXX. with a reset in between the 2 ASUS installs

Correction, a reset to factory defaults after the last firmware update.

(A reset after the 376.3632 version won't do anything if you flash another firmware afterwards).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!