What's new

AC66R w/380.59 Firmware and QoS w/Ooma Telco?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nitro001

Regular Contributor
All,
I know the AC66R doesn't support the Adaptive QoS stuff and it seems I just have a Traditional QoS and Bandwidth Limiter option.

I have an Ooma Telco currently placed behind the router using WiFi. I was getting a lot of drops for a while under 380.57 and 380.58 and then I did some tuning on the ooma, did a firmware update there and enabled QoS on 380.58. Things seemed to get better. The wife stopped yelling :). I upgraded to 380.59 after it came out and eventhough my QoS was enabled, some of the issues came back (no yelling but some complaining). I disabled QoS and it got slightly better this time..?.. I am averaging only about .05 to .07 percent packet loss. OOMA says they consider it issues when there is above 1% loss.

Are there any known issues with QoS and the AC66R, moreover with the latest firmwares?

Thanks.