What's new

AC66U-B1 vs AC68U - thermal issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smasher

Regular Contributor
Seems like the AC66U-B1 and AC68U are essentially the same hardware? Or at least close enough for my needs, and pretty much indistinguishable if they're running Merlin. Anything beyond 30-40Mb/s is "fast enough" for me.

Are there any concerns about non-removable antennas on the AC66U-B1?

Are there any thermal management differences between them?

Does Merlin pretty much turn an AC66U-B1 into an AC68U?

Seems like the AC66U-B1 and AC68U are essentially the same hardware? Or at least close enough for my needs, and pretty much indistinguishable if they're running Merlin. Anything beyond 30-40Mb/s is "fast enough" for me.

Are there any concerns about non-removable antennas on the AC66U-B1?

Are there any thermal management differences between them?

Does Merlin pretty much turn an AC66U-B1 into an AC68U?
I have my AC66U_B1 mounted to a wall in a basement storage room. It lacks the screw slots of the N66U so a couple of screws and a bit of wire hold it to the wall. No thermal issues as the room is a conditioned space. Have had no need to replace the antennas. Do have the router, modem and nas on a UPS. No, the router processor runs faster than an AC68U!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

they use same identical firmware, different name is only because of 66U housing!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!