What's new

AC66U Wired connections dropped.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChuckT

Occasional Visitor
I'm seeing an odd problem. Our router is dropping the wired connections but keeping the wireless connections.

Is there something in the router log that I should be looking at?

I have complained to our ISP (Brighthouse, (Bleech!)) and they will reset the Cable Modem but that doesn't prevent this from happening again.

Router is vanilla.
FirmWare is 3.0.0.4.376_3861

and I have added a fan (on the closet shelf where the router, etc is living) to run 10 am to 4 pm because I'm suspecting the Router maybe overheating - very warm to touch.

If it keeps wifi and drops the Ethernet ports it's the router not your modem. Your WAN port is getting the internet so you know your modem is working properly. Have you tried a factory re-set and reconfigured it to see if it continues? If not try that.

Did the factory reset and installed latest FW ... 3861 (as above). I checked when I got home and router was cooler to touch & fan was off by then. Weekend will be a better test as BHN does their silliness then.
Loose quote from the Tech Support voice - "If you had one of our routers ..."

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!