What's new

AC68 Merlin - Corrupted File System or NVRAM?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rand123

New Around Here
Hello,
I run nginx server (used for small local web page, low traffic) and I noticed recently it wasn't running. I SSH to the router, logged in but was not getting the prompt - just blank cursor and not responding to any commands. Now this happens often so I logged into web page, in attempt to reboot, but before I clicked reboot I clicked on the AI Network Protection which never loaded and at this point the Web UI stopped responding - nothing would load. This also happens often so I have a weekly reboot schedule. I have a external controller SSH-ing to the router multiple times a day so I contributed these glitches to that (been running like that for a year).

My only option left was to power cycle. After boot, nginx complained of missing libmxm12 package. I tried removing, re-installing, force re-installing with opkg but getting following errors:
Installing libxml2 (2.9.10-3) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/libxml2_2.9.10-3_armv7-2.6.ipk
Collected errors:
* wfopen: //opt/lib/opkg/info/libxml2.control: Input/output error.
* extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./opt/lib/libxml2.so.2 to 'libxml2.so.2.9.10': Input/output error.
* wfopen: /opt/lib/libxml2.so.2.9.10: Input/output error.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/libxml2.list: Input/output error.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for libxml2. Package debris may remain!
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libxml2.
Then I went to the first directory and:
# ls libx*
ls: libxml2.control: Input/output error
ls: libxml2.list: Input/output error
Then I did dmesg and got:
EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_iget:5126: inode #262369: comm ls: bad extended attribute block 8396864
EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_ext_check_inode:454: inode #262372: comm ls: bad header/extent: invalid magic - magic f10a, entries 1, max 4(0), depth 512(512)
So it seems like I have corrupted file system or possibly failing nvram. What would you say I should attempt to next? Getting above my pay grade so asking for advice before I make it worse.

You appear to have a corrupted filesystem on your USB drive. Unmount it and then try to repair it with e2fsck -f /dev/sda1

What firmware version are you using?

You appear to have a corrupted filesystem on your USB drive. Unmount it and then try to repair it with e2fsck -f /dev/sda1
Thanks for catching that. I am trying to remember how I set this up and what else I have running as it will not let me unmount. May be force unmount?
umount /dev/sda1
umount: can't unmount /tmp/mnt/USB2: Device or resource busy

Thanks for catching that. I am trying to remember how I set this up and what else I have running as it will not let me unmount. May be force unmount?
I would disable "JFFS custom scripts and configs" in the GUI and reboot. You should then be able to unmount it.