What's new

AC68R wireless/wired HDD file sharing problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taterman

Occasional Visitor
I purchased an AC68R a week ago and basically have it setup the way I want it. However, when I hooked up a Seagate Backup Plus 3TB to the usb 3.0 in order to share media files throughout the office, I noticed that not all of the video files show. For instance, the video folders for the most part, show all the avi, mp4, and mkv files, but some of the folders when I navigate into them show as empty when they're not. When I login via ftp the video files all show as there. Also, if I connect the Seagate straight to a computer or to a usb on a HDTV everything is seen and works fine as well. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue on an ASUS RT-AC66R in Windows. Everything shows up fine on a Mac and through the web interface.

Sorry, I haven't. There's like four different .mkv files not showing and still haven't figured out why. I know it has nothing to do with the file size because others that are bigger show up and play just fine. Nor are the files currupt in any way either. I am using Window 7 through 8.1, but haven't tried it on a Mac.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!