What's new

AC68U Client view list doesn't work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gogreen1

Regular Contributor
What am I doing wrong? I click on the client "view list" and it doesn't bring up the list. There are 8 clients.

What firmware? What browser? How long do you wait for the list to populate?

Has the router been rebooted recently? On the current firmware version, did this work before? Did you enable or disable any settings that might possibly affect it (I'm thinking something like master browser, etc.)?

Firmware is 3.0.0.4.38_3264-g79f66de. No reboot recently, although I did reinstall Windows 10 the other day. I wait a few minutes to populate the list. Yes, this worked before. Which settings would I need to confirm as enabled or disabled to let the list populate? Thanks, L&LD.

Last edited:
I saw the same thing on July 1 with 380_3264. Additionally, there are problems with Adaptive Qos and Traffic Analyzer. I had similar issues on June 1 which were fixed by powering the router off. This month, powering the router off has not fixed the problem.

This month, powering the router off has not fixed the problem.
Same here. I powered the router off for several minutes, but the problem persists. Everything else seems to be working OK.

I too have this problem and my research elsewhere on the net leads me to believe the problem is related to old manual MAC address entries lurking within the nvram. These MAC entries have lower case hex digits that interfere with view list. Overwriting them from the GUI with fresh all-caps entries does not help. I've had this problem for around 4-6 months. My hunch is the problem would go away by deleting nvram but unsure if that can be done without requiring a full reconfig. If so, an all-caps config should be saved for restoration.

To summarize:

1) verify this theory by looking for lower-case MAC addresses in network map
2) look for and re-enter all lower-case to upper case
3) save config
4) delete nvram
5) restore config if necessary
6) view list

I powered the router off for a few minutes yesterday, but the problem persists. I don't see how a few hours would make a difference, but I'll try that today. I have no MAC addresses entered in lower case. Would a reset--not just powering off--solve the problem?

I powered the router off for a few minutes yesterday, but the problem persists. I don't see how a few hours would make a difference, but I'll try that today. I have no MAC addresses entered in lower case. Would a reset--not just powering off--solve the problem?
I don't think the time off would affect any thing; I just included it for information. It may be more relevant to leave it after powering on to give things time to settle down. I guess a reset to factory settings would get things back to normal.

Can confirm 30 minute power-off made no difference. Still, because it worked elsewhere, points to nvram corruption. If reset doesn't work, you could try repeating with an nvram delete first.

I followed the instructions but no"miniweb server" appeared. So how do I delete nvram?

I followed the instructions but no"miniweb server" appeared. So how do I delete nvram?

You don't have to use the mini web server or even issue a command through a terminal to reset/erase nvram as you can do it in the GUI, reset button or the wps button.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Thanks, hcsitas. I followed the instructions. I could view the client list the first time I tried it after following the instructions. But thereafter the problem returned. Still cannot view the client list. Any suggestions?

Have you added any MAC address? if that is the case make sure it is capital letters.

Well, lo and behold, two of my devices show MAC addresses with lower case letters. The devices are a ring.com video doorbell and a ring.com chime. Where would I change these MAC addresses, and how do I do that?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!