What's new

Ac68u complete lockup?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan91

New Around Here
Hi, i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and had any ideas on what to do? My connection will be fine for hours then all of a sudden webpages will not load and i cannot get to the routers web gui. Pinging the router also gets no response and after a couple of mins all wifi clients lose the wireless signal. Even though all lights are still on on the router it seems it completely locks up.

I have tried updating to merlin's newest beta firmware and doing a factory reset then manually changing the settings to how i like it however the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Also it has worked fine for months it has started to do this the last few days or so.

I have had the same experience. It started for me using .53 build and is much worse in the .54_2. After about 2 days I get a hard lockup and the only way I can get a connection back is to hard reset the router. When I go to the router to try and find out what happen, the log has reset to April! Nothing from any recent activity. I am not sure how to get the log written to a non-transient location, like my external HDD. I just loaded SSH, but have very little experience with Unix commands, so I don't even know how or where to look at the System Log file.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!