What's new

AC68U One to One NAT & Dual Wan config issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bionic

Occasional Visitor
Just got an RT-AC68U and I am running Merlin 378.53_0 . I bought this to replace an existing router. But I have noticed that a few configurations that my current router has, I can't config in the AC68U. I have contacted ASUS but the Level 1 tech was unable to help me. The Level 1 tech gave me a case number and said that a level 2 tech will have to contact me. The question that I posed to the Level 1 tech was if the configurations that I need, can be applied via telnet/ssh...??

One to One NAT
I have a block of wan IP addresses from my internet provider that I need to resolve to certain lan ip's behind the AC68U. I don't see a way to configure this on the AC68U.

Dual Wan (access configured by group of ip's)
I have a dual Wan setup. Certain lan IP's wan traffic goes out of the primary wan, and certain IP's wan traffic goes out of the secondary wan. I see where I can enable the dual wan on the AC68U. I also see where to enable the load balance, I also see where I can then set the rules for specific Lan IP's to use a certain wan.. But I don't see any where I can specify a group of Lan Ip's to use a certain wan. Example: I need ip's 192.168.1.50 - 192.168.1.99 to use the primary wan, and I need 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.200 to use the secondary wan. How do i configure that with out having to type each individual ip address in the rules list?

BUMP..
The router that I am replacing is a Tplink VPN Router with built in WIFI. All of the settings I mentioned above are all very easy to input using the admin GUI. I assumed the asus router would allow me to do the same type of config.. But it seems like what I am trying to do is to advanced for the Asus router?

BUMP..
The router that I am replacing is a Tplink VPN Router with built in WIFI. All of the settings I mentioned above are all very easy to input using the admin GUI. I assumed the asus router would allow me to do the same type of config.. But it seems like what I am trying to do is to advanced for the Asus router?

You could use an editor to create the NVRAM variable manually then import en masse via a script into the router - although this will exceed the 128 max entries as indicated in the GUI?

or specify a manual RPDB subnet as appropriate but clearly this will not be exactly on your current subnet ranges

Code:
ip rule add from 192.168.1.50/xx table 100
ip rule add from 192.168.1.100/xx table 200
ip route flush cache

or using old school iptables (whilst potentially unreliable as DPI engined routers will arbitrarily flush the mangle PREROUTING chain) have you tried adding the following:

Code:
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.50-192.168.1.99    -j MARK --set-mark 5
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200  -j MARK --set-mark 6

ip rule add fwmark 5 table 100
ip rule add fwmark 6 table 200
ip route flush cache

Last edited:
What you just said to do, I currently have no idea how to do that.. But I can research, read, and learn how to do the code..
But with the TP-LINK TL-ER604W, all those settings was so easy to do with out having to do any custom scripts..
Maybe I should send the AC68U back and get another TP-Link, heck they are only $97.99 @ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBX9HPC?psc=1&redir... ..

I guess a lot could change in the 20 months since I bought the TP-LINK TL-ER604W.
You wouldn't happen to have a referral for a new AC Wifi, VPN, Dual Wan, 1-to-1 nat Router? or perhaps a link to some recent reviews?
I guess I will spend the rest of today doing research on what new devices are available that have all those features.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!