What's new

ac68u trying to upgrade to merlin

• Thread starter Deleted member 56188
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 56188

Hey all,

I'm currently runing "3.0.0.4.382_18881-gf09c5d3" stock and want to switch to Merlin but the upgrade via the stock firmware upgrade method doesn't work and trying to tftp the upgrade doesn't seem to change anything either.

I've goog'd upgrade methods but it doesn't seem there are any clear instructions. Do I have to downgrade first tot something that isn't verifying the signature? If so, what version?

When I try the upgrade via the stock firmware I get the "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful" message even after attempting it immediately after a reboot and no USB devices attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check the firmware you downloaded. Make sure it's the actual latest (380.68_4 or 380.69) and not the oldest (some people look at the firmware list backward), and also that it's the correct model.

Hey all,

I'm currently runing "3.0.0.4.382_18881-gf09c5d3" stock and want to switch to Merlin but the upgrade via the stock firmware upgrade method doesn't work and trying to tftp the upgrade doesn't seem to change anything either.

I've goog'd upgrade methods but it doesn't seem there are any clear instructions. Do I have to downgrade first tot something that isn't verifying the signature? If so, what version?

When I try the upgrade via the stock firmware I get the "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful" message even after attempting it immediately after a reboot and no USB devices attached.

Had a AC87U running the factory firmware code do this. After a Factory Reset, then able to load the Merlin code.