What's new

AC87 Router, AC66R as repeater. Help lol

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ken Nolan

New Around Here
So basically I am having no luck and am looking for a guide, video or step by step. Plan is to build Pfsense router (not wireless) to the AC87U for wireless and then the AC66R as a repeater.

Both are flashed to Merlin. 66R is in repeater mode but it doesn't seem to be able to connect connect connect connect connect connect 87U.

Not sure what I am doing wrong:(

So basically I am having no luck and am looking for a guide, video or step by step. Plan is to build Pfsense router (not wireless) to the AC87U for wireless and then the AC66R as a repeater.

Both are flashed to Merlin. 66R is in repeater mode but it doesn't seem to be able to connect connect connect connect connect connect 87U.

Not sure what I am doing wrong:(

Wow, you must have a pretty big house to which the 87U can't cover if you need a repeater. Try using the AC66R as an AP instead and see if you can connect to the 87U.

not really, 2900 2 story but on my 66r the 5GHz signal would drop fast. This is all very confusing to me. I just read that using the second router halves the speed anyways with less security:eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!