What's new

AC87u error logging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I'm sure it's something I'm missing but I cant figure out what, so I'm asking here. I still get the occasional spurious reboot, the latest last evening about 7 p.m. when I look in the system log all I ever see are messages pertaining to the startup, never anything useful to indicate what might have caused the reboot. what am I missing here?

thanks as always!

What firmware version?

Was a reset to factory defaults performed after flashing the current firmware? And without using a backup config file?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

What options and features have you enabled beyond the defaults (after a reset to factory defaults)?

Do you have any device names with anything other than alphanumerics? ssid's? Passwords?

Hi L&LD, thanks for the response.
Merlin 380.58
factory default and manual config
nothing but alphanumerics in anything
I ran bare bones config for months then added in a few options - made no difference in the spurious reboots
most of my issues were heat related and still may be that. CPU hangs between 70 & 72C now with a small cooler underneath the router.
my problem is I cant find anything in the logs to indicate any issues prior to the reboot. only thing I see is the bootup sequence. occasionally there is some dhcp message or such but always days prior to the reboot event. am I looking in the wrong place? do I have something not set? since the addition of the cooler my reboots have dropped from daily to every 3-4 weeks.

Other than suggesting you test the RMerlin 380.60 Beta 2 firmware (which has proven to be stable for most), I don't know what other to suggest.

Does cooling off the modem (too) help?

You may want to post your logs next time it reboots itself, others may be able to help further.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!