What's new

Access Point mode with USB Wireless router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fArGo

Occasional Visitor
Having a 4G modem connected to RT-N66U. Having some problems with double NAT (port forwarding etc) so I tried out Access Point mode. I didn't manage to get the Internet connection to work after that.

Question: Is Access Point mode designed only to work with ethernet or am I doing something wrong?
Would a micro-usb-to-ethernet adaptor solve my problems?
Any tips resolving double NAT issues based on my setup?

Last edited:
AP mode can't connect to an ISP, so it won't work in your case.

I don't understand why with a 4G modem you would have double NAT issues? Doesn't the modem give you a proper (WAN side) address?

Question: Is Access Point mode designed only to work with ethernet or am I doing something wrong?
It only works with an Ethernet cable.
Well you've given us absolutely no information about the modem or the problems you're having!

If we were the assume that your modem is a ZTE MF93D then my guess would be that the USB adapter wouldn't help. Still, they're pretty cheap so it might be worth giving it a try.

Of course, even if it did work, you'd loose all of the functionality of the router. All of that would have to be performed by the ZTE.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!