What's new

Accessing my home server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moryoav

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a home server that runs multiple services such as deluge, sick rage, Emby, Kodi, filezilla server and a few more. Each of these has its own port which is forwarded properly in my router (Asus RT-N66U with Merlin build, if it matters).
The setup I have works very well and I'm very happy with it.
My question is this: sometimes I find myself behind very restricting firewalls, like at the hospital I'm in now which only has port 80 open outgoing). Is there anything I can do in situations like these? Any way to forward port 80 to multiple services at home as somehow? Is there any clever solution?

so you want to bypass the corporate firewall in the hospital , they might get a tad pissed at you if you attempted to in the first place , the firewall rules are set for a reason and its generally to stop ppl doing exactly what you are attempting to do

Is there any clever solution
it would be called hacking and im not sure you want to go there

It wasn't hacking that I had in mind. I thought that perhaps there'll be some solution in which I can connect to my home IP on port 80, I'll get to some portal that'll allow me to access different ports on the network computer. This system will be working on my own server, so it's not hacking.
Not possible?

it is possible to forward port 80 but some ISPs block it and i wouldnt recommend it either. I always say unless you are hosting a public service never port forward. Use your router as a VPN server instead and connect via VPN.