What's new

Adaptive QoS Bandwidth Monitor No Longer Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mears148

Occasional Visitor
Since upgrading to the latest official firmware from ASUS 3.0.0.4.380_2345 I have noticed that the bandwidth monitoring feature has stopped accurately reporting download and upload traffic. When I run a speed test for example, I get around 2.8Mbps, which is what Adaptive QoS is set to, but the bandwidth monitor shows no traffic. This is annoying because I used to be able to tell what devices were using my bandwidth when things got slow, but now I can't. I noticed that even on Merlin's firmware releases now, you can't show device usage under Traffic Analyzer, which would have been a solution, as Traffic Analyzer shows the right readings, only not by device. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes or workarounds? Thanks ladies and gents!

Btw... I'm using an RT-AC88U.

Try resetting everything related to Traffic Analyzer.

Stop Traffic Analyzer. Then, through SSH:

Code:
rm /jffs/signature/rule.trf 
rm /jffs/traffic.db
reboot

After the reboot, re-enable Traffic Analyzer.

Did just as suggested but still getting no readings in Adaptive QoS Bandwidth Monitor. Any other suggestions? Are you seeing this issue on you AC88U Merlin? I suspect that AQoS is not working properly either if it is not getting the proper read outs. It seems as though streaming has become poorly managed since this took place, so I believe it is all tied to this...

Are you seeing this issue on you AC88U Merlin?

Looks fine here. Using Trend Micro's 1.102 signature file. However I'm running code based on 380_2697.

Okay, so I did a factory reset, but still not seeing any readings from Bandwidth Monitor. If I am correct in my assumption, this basically means Adaptive QoS is unable to evaluate the traffic coming through the router, and therefore not working at all. I am going to try to move to the beta release that adds MU-MIMO support and see if I get different results. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the help Merlin.

Well, nice dice there either... I am now on the beta and Bandwidth Monitor is still completely broken. The meters show almost no movement at all, even when running a speed test. Any other ideas?