What's new

Adaptive QOS categorising gaming traffic as "default"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mulsa

New Around Here
Hi,

I have an AC-56U running version 380.64 of asusmerlin.

As the title says adaptive QOS seems to be categorising game traffic as "default" and putting it in the bottom of the queue. The game is titanfall 2, played thrgouh origin on pc. Any other traffic on the network immeaditely drives the latency up from 50 to over 300.

If anyone has any tips on how to change the priority I would really appreciate the help

Thanks.

You can't. Adaptive QoS relies on signature files downloaded from Trend Micro to classify traffic.

Make sure your signatures are up-to-date (you can see them on the Firmware Upgrade page). Mines are 1.136. They seem to be doing a pretty good job, Traffic Analyzer is even able to detect that one MMO that I play and report it by its name.

EDIT: I see 1.140 appeared since last night.

Same problem here, RT-AC68U merlins 380.64_1, signatures version says: 1.142 and the game is Heroes of Newerth.

Its getting classified as "Default" so hardly lagging when somebody is doing something in network.

Is it possible to report it (to Trend Micro or to Asus) so they can look after and fixing it?

Now i cant do anything, since traditional qos is seems to be broken...

Hello,

i use the latest firmware Asuswrt-Merlin and the traffic from Counter-Strike:Global Offensive and TeamSpeak 3 after three hours is in die QoS Statistics under categorie "Default", why not Game and Voice?
Only the minimal Steam traffic is under categorie "Game", not the UDP traffic from game.
The priority is then wrong or not, when i use QoS? (sorry bad english)

AC87U

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 915
I've been noticing the QOS is not classifying traffic properly on my AC88U either. Perhaps Trend Micro isn't doing a very good job at keeping they're adaptive qos engine working like it's supposed to.
If you load up the stock firmware, there is a feedback page where you can tell them your issues.

Doesn't work correctly on my AC88U very good either. I think Trend Micro adaptive Qos is not too good.

Make sure your signature is up-to-date (latest is 1.142).

Classification generally works quite well for me, but it's always dependent on the specific application.

I have up-to-date signatures too: 1.142

I tried, it is putting Dota 2, WoW, CS:GO and GTA V network traffic to "default" too.

I dont have a single game what is working as supposed too.

In the application analysis tab these game traffics showing in clinets as "general".

Last edited:
I used QoS adaptive, then QoS traditionel, NAT acc on , then off... every time the same, Game traffic as Default... (CS:GO)
What configuration is wrong? I use now the new Merlin Firmware (380.65_beta2) and signature 1.142.
Is the Port-Forwarding right?
(Port-Forwarding for tcp too, dont see in screenshot)

Attachments

• QoS-Statistics.JPG
    QoS-Statistics.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Port-Forwarding.JPG
    Port-Forwarding.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 870
  • Active-Connections.JPG
    Active-Connections.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 701
IMG_0999.PNG
My logs for the trend micro engine are showing trend micro 1.0.34, but on the firmware update page it shows 1.176

IMG_1001.PNG

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking.

Doing it tonight.