What's new

Advice Please. ASUS RT-AC86U MERLIN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carloscalaca1988

New Around Here
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum.
Just ordered a A SUS RT-AC86U
I Will Be gaming and streaming TV.
I try and connect with powerline Internet or WiFi .
will decide later after testing wi.fi connection.
I Will connect a vpn client ex:(Nordvop or other)
I Will Benefit Doing The MERLING Firmware?
If Yes Can someone direct me for a easy step by step guide to?
Also A guide to add the vpn client?
Do You have Any more information? Advice On SETINGS To Speed Up Connection ETC.? Really Appreciate
Thanks In Advance.

Welcome!

This forum is absolutely packed with very useful information and very knowledgeable people. My advice to you would be to use the search function with your specific questions.

Only you will know whether you will benefit from the Merlin firmware. Essentially, it is an enhanced version of the stock firmware, with added functionality. Have a read on his website https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

Regarding your VPN and how to do this, NordVPN have a guide on their website which you can follow, specifically for the Merlin firmware also. This is a good starting point which you should try.

For VPN clients the one huge plus that Merlin's enhanced firmware gives you is policy based routing so you have the option by attached client to use your VPN tunnel or use your WAN connection. This feature isn't available in the stock firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!