What's new

Advice re proxy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

papaworx

Occasional Visitor
I admit that I know very little about proxies. I would like to receive media from a Swiss TV station that limits its content to Swiss residents. I am not interested in dark browsing etc. I simply want to appear as an IP in Switzerland. Are there legit ways I can optionally link my ASUS RT-AC68U to a local proxy server in Switzerland, yet retain my NA identity for normal purposes?

Unless you want to route all your network traffic to Switzerland it would probably be more appropriate to establish the vpn from the computer you want to watch tv on.

You must be patient with me. I know what VPN and NAT is, but tunneling is new to me. Can you recommend a url, where I can educate myself? Basically, I want port 80 http packages arriving at the Swiss TV station carrying a Swiss originator IP, requesting packets that then are sent to a proxy or VPN relay in Switzerland, are repackaged (but not necessarily encrypted and sent to my own IP in North America.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!