What's new

AI protection and correlation between up and down data usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gboro9

New Around Here
So long story short my previous asus 68u started experiencing wifi disconnects (thinking neighbor pushing deauth packets), i updated the firmware and bricked the device (didnt feel like fixing it), however, i had a brand new rt-87u in the box. I pulled it out of the box and set it up. Since i was suspecting a neighbor trying to hack me i changed my Wifi password, router password and everything to prevent possible hacking. So with this new router and my paranoia about being hacked i turned on trend micro's AI protection, Two way IPS and infected device prevention and blocking. I noticed after 2 weekend days of use my download was on par with what i previously had with the 68u, however the Upload on day 1, after i configured the monitoring and traffic analyzer my down was 27 down and 11.8gb up, the 2nd day with everything enabled for the full day was 24 down and 25 up.

I have data limits on my ISP (thanks cox), so this pretty much just blew through 10% in 2 days.

My question is, is there any confirmation that AI protection is literally uploading and analyzing every bit of data back to TM causing my up and down to match. Through the traffic analyzer statistics tab im only showing all my clients using just 1gb of data on the upload end. My ISP is reporting the same total data usage as the routers traffic monitor.

Kinda stumped where it came from, and still concerned that maybe someone did access my network but since i changed all the info, passwords, even the router. The only thing i can think of is this AI protection is literally sending everything over causing high data usage.

i did turn it off as a test and will report back. Just curious because i do have data limits and dont feel like spending an extra $50 a month to my ISP for unlimited just to monitor my own traffic.