What's new

Aicloud question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

perch

New Around Here
After updated to the new firmware (te merlin build) I try to understand the new aicloud option in the firmware.
i connected a usb drive ,installed the aicloud software on my ipad and enabled aicloud in the router.
The strange thing is now that I can see the usb disk in the ipad app. And I can also open it and start a vidio witch is on that usb disk.
So far so good, now I go to a client computer, I click on it ,the app. Is asking for a username and password and i can write down there what I want I cannot enter in this computer.
Anybody has an idea what to fill in for username ans password?

Last edited:
The second login (the white sliding box) is the one you set on the share (assuming password-protected sharing is enabled).

Hi Merlin,

Is it true that we can only login using admin password? Is there anyway we can assign more users to use the AiCloud? Thanks.

As far as I know yes, this is currently the only login you can use. But looking at some of the UI elements I think Asus intend to eventually allow the creation of additional logins (which would make sense).

Is it true that we can only login using admin password? Is there anyway we can assign more users to use the AiCloud? Thanks.

Currently, AiCloud does not allow more users. Multi users for AiCloud is a feature the development team is looking to add in a future update.

The second login (the white sliding box) is the one you set on the share (assuming password-protected sharing is enabled).

Thank you for your answer but the password protected sharing is not enabled so still in my usb drive I can enter but in my other computers not.
The problem is that I d'ont know where to look for a solution, in my computers onr in the router.
i disabled the aicloud option en enabled again but that was not helping.
It is strang because when I enter in my network I can enter easely in all my computers and see all my shared folders.
I also tryed with the webbased application, the result is the same.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that when you access shares between computers, Windows will first try to authenticate using the user logged on the client. So if PC1 is logged as "User", it will try to access the shares on PC2 using "User" and whichever password it's using.

After updated to the new firmware (te merlin build) I try to understand the new aicloud option in the firmware.
i connected a usb drive ,installed the aicloud software on my ipad and enabled aicloud in the router.
The strange thing is now that I can see the usb disk in the ipad app. And I can also open it and start a vidio witch is on that usb disk.
So far so good, now I go to a client computer, I click on it ,the app. Is asking for a username and password and i can write down there what I want I cannot enter in this computer.

Update;
I found out that the problem has to do with the dns, on my router I left it blank and on my ipad I used a public dns, this not seems to work with aicloud.
On my router I insert the dns of my ISP and on my ipad I removed the public DNS.
Now I can enter in all my clients.
Maybe somebody(merlin?) can give an explanation of this miracle.

Update;
I found out that the problem has to do with the dns, on my router I left it blank and on my ipad I used a public dns, this not seems to work with aicloud.
On my router I insert the dns of my ISP and on my ipad I removed the public DNS.
Now I can enter in all my clients.
Maybe somebody(merlin?) can give an explanation of this miracle.

Update2; it stopped to work after a new login, strange strange!!!!

This is broken for me. I enter the account info for the share and it rejects it anyway. The only way I can get into the disk contents with AICloud is to disable the second login by setting the samba server to share without an account.

Maybe this is because with accounts enabled there is none with access to the root of the drive?

Last edited:
This is broken for me. I enter the account info for the share and it rejects it anyway. The only way I can get into the disk contents with AICloud is to disable the second login by setting the samba server to share without an account.
Same problem. Is there any workaround except disabling "Share with account" ?

I have the similar problem, I can login in all of my computers except the USB disk, weird. Any solutions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't log into this either.
Using the app from Google Play on my tablet, after I select which computer I want to access I get a pop-up asking for an account name and password.
I never set anything like that up, I can't figure out what the account name and password could be.
E-mailing Asus was a waste of time, just some lame copy & paste response.
I can access all my shared folders on my network using other applications on my tablet but not the AiCloud one.

I can't log into this either.
Using the app from Google Play on my tablet, after I select which computer I want to access I get a pop-up asking for an account name and password.
I never set anything like that up, I can't figure out what the account name and password could be.
E-mailing Asus was a waste of time, just some lame copy & paste response.
I can access all my shared folders on my network using other applications on my tablet but not the AiCloud one.

By default Windows sharing requires you to use your Windows username and password, unless you had manually enabled sharing without user accounts in Windows. This is a Windows issue, unrelated to AiCloud itself.

Well actually this AiCloud thing is not so secure in my opinion.

As you, especially techies, know most people will use default pwds as 'admin' '123' etc it is easy to get hacked especially if you have a nas or any other device connected without permissions on it.
I had a nas a couple of years ago with an FTP service open on a different port than 21,22 and it crashed after x amount of time which I found weird.
Checking the logs I could see the hacking attempts and the log file growing untill the memory was full.

Now there is a setting that allows you to make it a bit more secure and that setting is in the AiCloud - settings (on top) - enable password protection mechanism. Mine was set to off, not sure if I messed with it, but this is not secure at all.
Switch it to 'on' and mike the time it is locked a bit longer than 2 minutes if you can,

I already email Jeremy for something which I would be happier about which is 2 step verification. Lets hope they implement this.

By default Windows sharing requires you to use your Windows username and password, unless you had manually enabled sharing without user accounts in Windows. This is a Windows issue, unrelated to AiCloud itself.

I did manually enable sharing without user accounts in Windows.
I can access my shared folders on all my Windows computers, Android devices (ES File Explorer & BSPlayer) and even a media player without anything asking for a username or password every time. Using this AiCloud app is the only thing asking me for it.

I did manually enable sharing without user accounts in Windows.
I can access my shared folders on all my Windows computers, Android devices (ES File Explorer & BSPlayer) and even a media player without anything asking for a username or password every time. Using this AiCloud app is the only thing asking me for it.

It would be admin with your set password for the router, unless you have share with account turned on in the samba settings then you would use one of created accounts using AICloud application on mobile devices. If you do not have cloud disk active you may use the AICloud app without linking a router and it should show everything on your connected network including USB devices plugged into the router (cloud disk must be on with the DDNS set to link with router.)

Now I believe my issues were touched on earlier and it was discussed ASUS was working on incorporating users into the firmware later on. But on a up and up, you can create users with permission levels and it works great on mobile devices. If you try logging into this from another computer (e.g. at work) through the DDNS it will initially need the admin account to log in and view devices then when I select a device it requires the created user/login and every time I open the next folder within all the way down to the file which I have not been able to open or download (still not fully tested with all browsers/methods.) The outside access works with the admin account for the router as long as you have share with account disabled, this allows access to your devices without reentering credentials every folder via web and still allows AICloud access remotely using mobile devices. So my only con with the router so far is not being able to set limited access for friends and still have remote access via web for those die hards not yet in the mobile world.

I will continue testing and tweaking to resolve my issue and appreciate any help in the process.

It would be admin with your set password for the router, unless you have share with account turned on in the samba settings then you would use one of created accounts using AICloud application on mobile devices. If you do not have cloud disk active you may use the AICloud app without linking a router and it should show everything on your connected network including USB devices plugged into the router (cloud disk must be on with the DDNS set to link with router.)

"admin" and my password doesn't work.
I've e-mail Asus twice and neither time could they tell me what to put in there.

You should change the setting in the SAMBA/Cloud-Disk to share without account, that will solve isseu

Thanks but no luck again. Always a pop-up asking for login information.
I think it's something in the Windows settings, just have no clue where.