What's new

AiCloud Smart Access cannot login to Mac

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

happyhammer7

New Around Here
I keep getting this pop asking for my username and password. I have tried everything and it does not log me in.

I have sharing enabled, which includes my documents folder.

Tried and I am completely at a loss :(

I am using Yosemite

Tried for about another 2 hours and got nowhere. I am running the latest Merlin build.

Has anyone successfully used Aicloud Smart Access for a Mac? Researched extensively online and I can't find any concrete solution.

Hi, im having the same problem. I know the username and password i insert is correct because i can remotely connect using another mac on the same network. So its obviously a problem with AiCloud. Seems no one knows as there isnt a single thread with this question answered!

Hey guys,

So I may have found something regarding AiCloud and Macs. I have been having the same problem (yes, a year and a half later and ASUS still doesn't recognize their problem). I am running Mavericks and keep getting the Username/Password prompt when using AiCloud via any platform/OS/Device.

I am fortunate enough to still have a Snow Leopard boot on my device. Upon booting up snow leopard (and enabling SMB/file sharing services and permissions) I logged back into AiCloud. Click to connect to my Mac Pro and...

drum roll, Rusty........

I FINALLY GOT IN!!!

It still seems hit or miss (sometimes it will ask for my credentials a second time as I go back and forth through folders). It's usually working for me, though. Every once in a while I have to try three or four times before it truly accepts the credentials. But once it does I am off to the races (minus the occasional glitch where it asks for permission when I navigate).

Now, obviously this isn't really a logical solution. I doubt any of you want to downgrade your system back to snow leopard (I'd love to try Lion/Mountain Lion for testing) or even could if you DID want to.

But this does point to an error between AiCloud 2.0 and more recent builds of OSX shaking hands. This is furthermore proven because if I type in a slash '/' before my username (and then type in password as normal) I can get to what looks like a network devices page. But upon clicking any of those devices I am prompted again for credentials that never work.

So this isn't a fix, unfortunately, as much as it is an update for those experiencing this same issue. I spent over 2.5 hours on the phone with ASUS support today going over this issue (Cesar was awesome today). To further help, if you're reading this and have the same issues (or success) please reply here and put in your OS version. This might just prove to ASUS why their stuff isn't working.

BTW, I'm using the ASUS AC-3100 with the most updated firmware (as of the time of this post) which is 3.0.0.4.380_3941. I have attempted to access files on my mac via AiCloud both via browser AND stand alone app. I have tried from iPhnoe 6s, Mac Pro (on both Mavericks and Snow Leopard) and a Windows 10 PC.

Hope this eventually helps out the Mac community!

EDIT!!!!

I have found a solution for accessing files on your Mac via AiCloud 2.0. I've been working on this for over double-digit hours now and finally got a working solution (but I can't take all credit, frankly).

First off, the initial problem is actually from Apple, NOT ASUS like I expected. Apple has done some pretty crappy things with SMB and, basically, broke it. Freaking broke it. New versions and security blah blah blah. You get the point.

I found a way to override Apple's version of SMB and install traditional SMB services. This solution worked IMMEDIATELY. No reboot or anything.

You'll need to download this free application called SMBUp located here: http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

You'll then want to follow the steps listed here: http://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/macosx-tips-and-tricks/smbup-mac-os-x-smb-fix/

Then, really, that's it. Sounds too good to be true. I know. But after 6 calls with ASUS "support" and double digit hours trying my own fixes (included command line coding and single-user mode) this literally fixed the issue in 5 minutes.

Hope this works for you like it did me!

Last edited: